photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Showering Perry

The last couple of weekends we've celebrated the upcoming arrival of baby Perry!  Gordon and I hosted a small couples shower at our house with some fajitas, margaritas and yummy sweet treats. 
Instead of the doing the typical pink I tried to coral!  To be honest, it's nearly impossible to match corals so we had a variety of pink/orange/coral. 


We had some yummy sugar cookies, strawberry cakeballs and chocolate cupcakes.  I made everything besides the cookies!
The cakeballs are pretty easy to make.  I just make a bake a cake, break up the cooked cake (I use hand blender), mix container of frosting with crumbs and refrigerate over night.  The next day I make the balls using a melon baller and put them in the freezer for 2 hours.  After that all you have to do is  dip them in either a chocolate or candy melts (chocolate is easiest to use).  I used the white candy melts this time and used Wilton peach coloring to make them coral/pink. 



 I love how the cookies turned out!  Monogram. Gray. Chevron. Precious!!


I made the banner with my Cricut and the white vases are beer bottles that I spray painted white a couple of years ago.  I've used them for several different parties...I just change out the ribbon that's around them!


I love getting to use all my Beatriz Ball stuff!  The tray on the right is actually a cheese platter....I just placed some left over coral paper over the marble.


I was happy with how the flowers turned out.  Just some orange roses with slices of orange and blueberries.  Instead of the normal food labels I cut out these circles, put Perry's monogram on them and just wrote in what was on the menu! Then, I just tied them onto different things in the kitchen. 


I found the gray chevron ribbon at Michael's (as well as the mason jar). 


Nursing friends...old and new!
 Here are a few pictures from Alison's shower out in Katy.
 
 
They had yummy fruit, pasta salad, vegetables/dip, small sandwiches and pink cakeballs from Starbucks.  I loved the umbrella theme! 
 


Cristin and Lindsey + baby boy

William and Parker
As you can see in the picture above William is in love with Parker.  He just laughs and smiles at her.  She is like a little momma and will be a fabulous big sister!  Hopefully she'll come over and help me with the little guy when we are neighbors.  :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...